[ahimsa-tech] forthcoming downtime/upgrades

jeff moe jeff at indymedia.org
Sun Aug 13 21:20:26 PDT 2006

jeff moe wrote:
> I'm going to upgrade a few of the ahimsa* servers today, including the
> firewall.

Ok. Lots of upgrades were completed.

The firewall was upgraded to the latest openbsd.

ahimsa-web2 was upgraded to the latest openbsd. This box has been down
for a few weeks--it was simply powered off. While I was at the co-lo it
magically powered itself off again. I moved it to a different outlet.
This is a mir round robin box--currently it is left out.

ahimsa-db1 got a new kernel and new mysql. It is now using an SMP kernel
too...

disko (nfs server) got a new kernel.

some blag bits got updates.

The whole system is now set up for remote power management.

The big remaining project is to vserver the various dynamic sites (e.g.
dada, sf-active, spip, etc.). I was just going to "go for it", but I
held back since I thought the sites might not be able to handle php5.

Let me know if you see any issues.

-Jeff