[islip] Is this project dead???

Ilias iliasz at tellas.gr
Fri Feb 25 04:44:10 PST 2005

Here in Greece the ENR was screened before longer films, something like
a "trailer". That was functional, so the 30 minutes edition was useful
to us. Every 3 to 4 newsreals we made a DVD compilation and distributed
it to people. That was working well too.

My opinion is that 4 one-hour editions every year is an interesting
idea. But i think that the clips should be longer, because 12 or more 5
minute clips would be crazy for the viewer. We could switch to 10 min
videos, or even longer, with more background info and a slower pace. We
had problems when producing our segments to fit in the 5-min limit, and
that resulted in very fast montage and less background info on the subjects.

This is just an idea, but i think that this way the newsreal could stand
alone as an informative screening. But even as it is now, i think it is
worth continuing.

By the way, we will resend the clip for ENR#16, to the "safe" address
Mick sent. We understand, because we had similar problems with ENR#14 :-(

Ciao
ILias from Kinimatografos