[Imc-africa] FSM Nairobi et Forum des Peuples (Gao - Mali, 15-17 juillet 2006)

sphinx sphinx at indymedia.org
Tue Jun 27 05:04:24 PDT 2006

Hi! Olo! I'm one of those who wrote abit rough during that mail you are
talking
about. But then to show you that there was no malice but that I was rather
confused by the then call for the Bamako WSF I sent that mail to you privately
not to the list. 2-When you replied and clarified me on the situation I wrote
again two(2) mails to you to appologize for my mail. It's sad you mentioned
that here, which kind of indicate to me that you have not forgotten that
insident yet.

Anyway as far as I'm concern, there are a couple of things we can do.
I got knowledge about the Goa event a bit late so I cannot be there.

-But right now we are preparing a Conference for September in Lagos Nigeria
which we see as preparation for WSF in Nairobi in that the Nigerian Conference
is going to train people on teaching and practicing formal Consensus which is
at   the core of indymedia. Indy Kenya did not indicate if they were
interested.

-I've been communicating with Chris Chill whose's university has some
connections to the department of Journalism in the University of Nairobi and
the discussion has been on what we can do joinly during WSF.

-I've been talking to folks from promethues radio who will be happy to come to
the WSF in Kenya and do what they call barnraising, which is building and
starting a LowPoweredFM radio station together with locals and setting it
running. For this though, one will need to know about if laws in Kenya allow
communities to build and operate such low powered stations without too much
bureaucratic trouble.

Those are my thoughts for now.Later
Sphinx