[imc-baghdad] PROPOSAL: funding from IMC finance list?

Break A Silence breakasilence at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 9 18:01:44 PDT 2003

I think the many points made by Sheri, I think it was, of Seattle and by Boud of Poland-IMC, make absolute sense.  Also, what do people feel about changing the listserver to baghdad-imc "supporter"? I, personally, agree with Ramzi about the getting out of the way once people in Baghdad can swing this on their own.  I guess they will let people know when that is. Does anyone want to write to Palestine and the other local areas IMC groups -- anyone have contact with them?  If not, I will, but again, the focus as of yet is to get this paper off the ground and just to start the process of supporting an IMC - if that is even where folks on the ground in Baghdad want to go.  So, as last round-ups -- who needs help with the "affiliate" website and how? Where does money for these things listed below get sent? Cheers all!Crystal

Ramzi Kysia <rrkysia at yahoo.com> wrote:critical equipment costs in iraq:

computers: $600 each (requesting 5)

printers: $250 each (requesting 2)

digital cameras: $200 each (requesting 4)

tape recorders: $40 each (requesting 4)

Desks & Chairs: $30/set (requesting 5)

File Cabinets: $10 each (requesting 2)

Office Supplies: (pens, notebooks, paper, etc...)
requesting $100

TOTAL CRITICAL EQUIPMENT COSTS: $4,630

fyi - folks here are *very* excited about this
project, committed, and are working their asses off
for no pay as is, but it would be nice if they could
have a *little* money, and we are talking about only a
*little*.

regardless, transportation costs & sat time do have to
be covered at some point, or this ain't gonna work...

love,
ramzi

http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/public/imc-finance/