[imc-baghdad] Ramzi Update and Info
rrkysia at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 15:37:02 PDT 2003
This is Kareem Kysia (Ramzi's brother). I talked to
Ramzi today and he is well. Unfortunetly, he is unable
to check his email or send email until further notice.
He did give me a list of things to send to the
listserv though. So here goes:
1. The newspaper is going fine and should be out this
2. It is coming out using Corel Draw 9.0 for the
3. However, they cannot convert it to a PDF file from
where they are and could use some help with this.
4. People need to make arrangements for subsequent
issues of the newspaper.
5. We need a link or button at the top of the page
that will link to staff pictures, the newspaper
mission statement, and bios of the people working on
it. Ramzi and/or indymedia baghdad will send all of
this as soon as they can but let's get the page ready.
6. The kids working on the paper want the paper to be
for the whole world and not just for Iraq.
7. Ramzi cannot check his email so somone (other than
Ramzi) HAS to find a contact in Jordan that we can
send disks to with information and then that person
can upload the info from there. (this is an important
8. Wait on deciding on full IMC status and the
political ramifications of that until the kids working
on it in Baghdad can communicate their desires to
9. Send an update on where Andrew and others coming to
Baghdad are and when to expect them and their
10. Ramzi has a house in Baghdad now. Here is how you
Section: Karrada Dakhil
St. 41 House 6
Behind the Abu Kirch Ice Cream Shop and across from
the Garden City Clothes Store. (if Baghdad works like
other arab cities I know then just get close and start
asking for Ramzi the strange Arab American guy).
I hope all this made sense to someone and they can
move on it. I'll keep you posted on Ramzi's status as
I get more information.
Until then, be well and in peace.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
More information about the imc-iraq-support