[Imc-beltway] Next Meeting

nicole nicole circleatuna at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 17:40:18 PST 2007

Nancy, can you make a slightly later time on Saturday?  Would 3pm work?

I've never done a TV show either.  We have access to at least 1 video camera
and some basic editing software.  Whether or not we do it as an IMC
collective or just a few people i think depends on what everyone decides.  I
am fine with either so long as we decide collectively.

Also, below is a draft announcement oscar and i worked on.  What do you all
think?

 Announcing the formation of the Beltway Area Independent Media Center

*From www.indymedia.org:* *The Independent Media Center (IMC) is a network
of collectively run media outlets for the creation of radical, accurate, and
passionate tellings of the truth. We work out of a love and inspiration for
people who continue to work for a better world, despite corporate media's
distortions and unwillingness to cover the efforts to free humanity.*

* *

 *The Beltway Area IMC seeks to further the movement for independent media
within and around the Beltway region through the regular sharing of media
skills, open and participatory meetings, an open and anonymous publishing
newswire (website), and coverage of community events. We aim not only to
make silenced stories heard in our communities, but also will strive to
strengthen movements for social justice via participatory, grassroots media.
Beltway Area IMC is open to everyone regardless of skill level, access to
technology or experience with the media. We welcome everyone who wants to
learn, teach, and share. The collective is open to everyone except bigots
and members of law enforcement.*

 *Please join us Saturday February 24, from 2-4pm, at the Lamond Riggs
Library (5401 South Dakota Avenue, NE; South Dakota Avenue NE at Kennedy
Street, NE; just off the Fort Totten Metro Stop (red,green,yellow)) to be a
part of the Beltway Area Independent Media Center.*