[IMC-Boston-Discuss] Off-List and Into the Streets!

Matthew Williams mw21 at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 21 15:33:48 PDT 2005

Related to Sharpie's last point, Pete, Sofia and I keep finding that
whenever we get into a big argument over e-mail, once we talk about it
face-to-face, we actually are much more productive at finding some
solution we can all agree on--and we manage to do it quite civilly and
amicably. For instance, we managed to resolve our differences over the
mission statement in a discussion after last night's web-editorial
meeting. (Pete should be sending out the version we settled on to the
list, and we can discuss it at the next general meeting. Other people
are, of course, welcome to suggest further changes--the three of us
just seem to have the strongest opinions on the dang thing.) Lesson: We
should really avoid having debates on e-mail lists. If any of us start
doing it again, please, someone step in and remind us to have a
face-to-face conversation :) -- Matt