[Imc-chicago-audio] From The Trenches -- time to work on the January episode
mitchell at szcz.org
Sat Jan 9 11:21:34 PST 2010
There is, and has been, a mailing list for Chicago Indymedia related
audio and radio matters (imc-chicago-audio at lists.indymedia.org). I've
added Chris' gmail account, along with Andrew's and Amanda's emails to
those lists. I think we should use that list to handle logistics of
organizing the show From The Trenches, much as imc-chicago-video is used
for handling details of Chicago Independent Television.
I'm also copying Rita on this email, with a number of questions to ask
her about From The Trenches:
* When is it due?
* How long is the show supposed to be in the end? (I imagine 59 minutes
* Who is our contact at WLUW? What is their email and/or phone number?
* I understand that you've submitted shows by posting an MP3 of the show
to Houston Indymedia and then mailing the link to WLUW. Is that
correct? If not, how exactly do we submit shows to WLUW?
For the January episode, here's the excerpt from the minutes of the
December Chicago Indymedia meeting pertinent to the radio show:
Radio show: Segments for the January episode were brainstormed, and
* We'll assemble coverage from the recent housing anti-eviction
* Protest in Chicago against Obama's Afghanistan escalation
* Media Demcracy Day 2009
* RNC8: Lessons learned.
* Bohanek and Polish workers
To add in to the mix, I also have two interviews from my own show in the
past week, with Vancouver Olympics activist Marla Renn and with
single-payer healthcare advocate Quentin Young. Both shows are online here:
Time to roll up our sleeves, folks.
More information about the Imc-chicago-audio