[Imc-communication] mediation at belgium & roll call
peaceworx at riseup.net
Tue May 10 09:36:27 PDT 2005
I'm Ben and working since 2002 within the imc-germany collective on
I subscribed, because of the belgium-diskussion and things that are
turning in circels within this discussion.
Therefor I'd like to bring in the alternative proposal of imc-Germany
which we made on the process list on the 6th of may.
Because of me (and the german-indys) finding this proposal usefull as a
first step towards a positiv and constructive resolution of the
conflict, we will repeat it again.
I strongly support your proposal
that might lead us out of the circle of endless discussions and accusations.
In my personal opinion, the first step would be:
1. Neutralise be.indymedia.org (as proposed by imc-germany) first of
all, for having all the imc's involved on the same local level.
2. Ask all the collectives in belgium individually about their
willingness (and needs) for mediation
3. Find people who will prepare the mediation setting and might act
(and be accepted) as real-life mediators
4. Find the "main blocking" points or I would say: The most important
issues that the single imc-collectives want to have discussed (there
doesn't have to be a consensus about this at this time!)
5. The Mediators are collecting the different points of interest and
write a kind of agenda/topics about what will be the first mediation
6. They ask the single collectives, if they agree to this agende and
modify it, when needed.
7. Find a (neutral) place and a good time for real-time-mediation.
8. Start real-time-mediation:
a) Story-telling phase (&listen to the other persons opinions)
b) Looking deeper at the backgrounds of the conflict or emotions behind
the conflict (mutual understanding)
c) Search for possible solutions (brainstorming), may be for the first
time small ones, but important ones...
d) Find agreements (small or big ones)
f) Look if agreements are fullfilled and when necessary, continue
The process of a mediation is a open one and only depnding on the
participants themselfs. This is what everybody should be aware of.
in the hope of leaving the circles of mutual accusation,
love & solidarity,
imc-germany - travelling
More information about the IMC-communication