[Imc-communication] center of the global indymedia network in urbana????

Dave Berliner daveberliner at mac.com
Thu May 19 11:24:35 PDT 2005

I posted this statement to the radio.indymedia.org site.

>> The Independent Media Center of Urbana Champaign held a press
>> conference
>> in the Historic downtown urbana Post office today May, 9 2005. The
>> press
>> conference was held to announce the UCIMC purchase of the Downtown
>> Urbana Post Office. The Post office is projected to become the center
>> of
>> the global independent media network. The UC-IMC is one of 150
>> independent media centers in over 50 countries worldwide. This is
>> Sascha
>> Mienwrath the treasurer for the of the Global Indy media Network and
>> the
>> UCIMC.
>> http://radio.ucimc.org/archive/saschameinrath.com.mp3

If nothing else, we can be happy that it generated a response from the
grassroots
activists that the global independent media movement intends to serve.
The UCIMC bought a 200,000 historic building in Urbana.  Hopefully it
can develop the media and arts space in a way that will serve the
global indy media movement without becoming a gatekeeper to a diverse
marketplace of ideas.

- dave