[Imc-communication] global irc gathering??

WietsE wietse at indymedia.org
Mon Aug 14 14:54:05 PDT 2006

Hiya,

Deva wrote:

>> Portland has a silc server running. Keys are not set up so at the
>> moment it is a vouch system. So if everyone in the room is a known
>> person it is fairly secure unless someone is being impersonated.
>> (Unlike IRC which is wide open and can be recorded remotely without
>> even being in the room)

Does this meeting really need to be that secure? Wouldn't we talk about
issues that are raised on the imc-communications list already, which is
publicly archived like most lists? If we want this meeting to be open to
various people, including those (incl. myself) with lesser technical
knowledge, maybe IRC could be fine? Or is that a stupid idea?

Cheers, Wietse (UK IMC/ Notts IMC)