[Imc-communication] Global IndyMedia is still locked in a blackout on Feature articles about Palestine and Gaza

reven at riseup.net reven at riseup.net
Tue Jan 13 02:09:33 PST 2009

Petros --
First of all:
You should not have sent this out without Zikit's permission, which I
don't think you have, please correct me if I'm wrong. He is no longer
involved with IMC, and I think the last thing he's wanting, is to be
quoted for something sent to you in an email provided from you as his
official interview.
Please start responding to folks on the www-features (and have the
courtesy to cc us when you mail things about the group to others), who
pretty much all want and are trying to figure out HOW to keep features
updated on these issues, we'd do much better sticking to that than
throwing accusations and conspiracy theories around. This does not build
anyone's trust, in fact, someone has already stepped back from the
www-features list as result of this distraction, and that does NOTHING to
promote what you say you want: more Palestine features.
Not all features get posted the way they are proposed, the idea is that
after 6 hours if people made comments and suggestions are on the way, the
clock stops until the next proposal is made. As people started discussing
this feature you began making accusations, that have now come to the level
of effecting our group membership negatively, and are also not getting you
anywhere near what you claim to want: Palestine features. In the time
we've spent dealing with this chain of mails we could have done a few
updates, and should have, a few on the list are more into it than others
-- but actual work is being done -- and it would be nice if everyone could
focus on that. Again, I call on you to participate in the discussion, no
one is BLOCKING you from making more proposals!
Rona