[Imc-communication] Semi-retirement, was Re: [IMC-Tech] Resigning from tech work

Stefani Banerian stefani at riseup.net
Wed Feb 29 09:54:20 PST 2012

On 02/28/12 12:05, Garcon du Monde wrote:
> hi,
>
> this seems as good a time as any for me to add my voice in.
>
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 08:19:29PM +0100, Alster wrote:
>> I'm responding to mcp's e-mail to imc-tech:
>> http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/mmid/imc-tech/2012-0228-nq
>
> <snip>
>
>> I'd like to use this opportunity to also declare my exit (it won't be
>> immediate in my case, it started a while ago already but I'm still happy
>> to add, as time permits, to an initiative to clean things up) from all
>> working groups which used to handle the shared Indymedia resources.

<snip>
> 	--gdm

I'd like to put people on notice that I'm in semi-retirement mode.  It
has been true that my participation has been decreasing with time, and I
have much less to do anymore, so this is mostly a statement of the
status quo.  I will continue to host the dns service;  and sos and keys,
as long as someone else is maintaining those.  I will continue to host
those IMC's that manage their sites; I will not take on any new IMC's
and will retire those that seem to be no-longer-maintained.

If we can agree on something with respect to certs, that would be nice,
for IMC's and others.  I'm not optimistic however.