[imc-commwork] DeadImc page on docs: Re: Danbury, CT

boud boud at riseup.net
Sat Feb 16 14:56:56 PST 2008

hi rich, mark, all,

Please see: http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/DeadImc

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, mark burdett wrote:

> hi i wrote to them just in case anyone is still checking
> those addresses.
>
> But it will not be quite so easy, a formal proposal will
> still have to be made on imc-process list to set their
> listing to "inactive".  as there is no "fast-track" system
> in place for removing defunct sites from the list.. ;)

i don't think it should be *difficult*, but someone needs to get
a consensus decision from his/her local imc to propose it to the
network.

IMHO the biggest problem with the initial proposal to clean out
a huge bunch of imcs from the cities list at once was the problem
of huge regional differences, also the fact, that the geographically
closest imcs to what seems to be a non-functioning imc should at
least be asked what they think. Even if a website is dead, that does
not necessarily mean that the people collective has stopped functioning.

The present entry on http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Global/DeadImc
for madhatters is:

http://www.madhattersimc.org/ HACKED

Feel free to add more info if you can.

The docs page is a *wiki* page. Please update it.

US people are also welcome to make a meta-proposal to imc-process to
clean up all the non-functioning US-based IMCs - that's the biggest
number of apparently non-functioning imcs.  i would be surprised if
people from other parts of the world objected.

Doing europe is on my todo list to do through the imc-europe list, but
still not done yet (i'm not blocking someone else in europe from doing
it, so noone should complain...); oceania and africa both have
regional collectives (mailing lists) where someone could ask them if
one of their local collectives would be willing to make a proposal to
imc-process, though in the oceania case it might still be difficult
(because of the darwin case...).

horizontalidad
boud