[imc-commwork] Problems with feed validator and enclosed URL

ben westbywest at riseup.net
Thu Feb 21 18:36:59 PST 2008

Thanks for the pointers.  This was indeed a bug with Drupal not
sanitizing names of attached files.  I found and installed a module that
addresses the problem, and also updated a relevant page on docs.indy:

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Devel/ImcDrupalDevModules

boud wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, mark burdett wrote:
>
>> hi, my guess is the "^" character in the file name needs to be
>> url-encoded.
>> you could try saving the file, editing it to url-encode that character
>> and
>> re-running it thru feedvalidator.
>
> The error message seems to say that too:
>
>>> Otherwise, the valid values for a URL are specified by RFC 3986."
>
> RFC 3986:
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3986.html
>
> pozdr
> boud
>

>> --mark
>>
>> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:14:28 -0600, ben wrote:
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> I'm having difficulties getting the feed validator at
>>> https://contact.indymedia.org/feedvalidator/ to accept the following RSS
>>> 2.0 feed for the stlimc.org newswire:

--
Ben West
westbywest at riseup.net
http://savetheinternet.org