[Imc-ct] Minutes of IMC Cape Town collective meeting 2 October 2005
Peter van Heusden
pvh at wfeet.za.net
Sat Oct 29 13:43:08 PDT 2005
Present: Linn, Peter, Rebecca, Terner
Apologies from: Andreas, Lettie, Soraya, Khoja
1. State of meetings
3. bank account
4. reportback on video sales & video showings
5. long term acess to resources
6. Eastern group + artists - fundraising events
7. Voting debate
8. Report on housing rally
[note: no quorum (only 4 members present), so many decisions could not
1. State of meetings: Lack of transport money is a factor in not coming.
We do have money now and need to let people know there is money again.
Locations? Ties in with long term fundraising plans. People feeling left
out in terms of role. The newsletter is impotant to give people a role.
2. SASF: What do we do with the money that we have? Buy travel
documents. How can we make decisions without meeting? Make proposal and
phone as many as possible. Cape Town collective wants some equipment
from the trip. According to criteria decided at previous meeting, the
following are proposed in order of priority: Lettie, Linn, Jonathan,
Soraya. Linn to find out about visa and passport for others. Everyone to
stay in touch over the next week. Linn and Lettie to do training on how
to use the website with Peter.
3. Bank account: Proposed that Peter, Lettie and Linn be signatories,
but need to discuss at next meeting.
4. Video sales: 17 sales of vidoes by Jonathan. Mzi and Soraya's friend
owes us money. Money from 15 sales = 2 at R 50 and 13 at R 15. R50 spent
on blank CDs for videos. R245 total left. R50 needed to pay Peter back
for blanks, R195 profit.
Video showings: Peter organised on in QQ section. Discussion about local
government elections after video showing. Andreas and Linn to work on a
showing @ UCT in 2 weeks time. We need to ask for donations at the UCT
4.5 ?? Upcoming events: none besides SASF
5. Long term access to resources: We need a plan. Possibly could support
communities to have their own resources within which to host Indymedia
6. Fundraising: Eastern Cape activists in Uitenhage with youth
organisation with recording studio funded by local government with
social awareness hip hop, kwaito, poetry etc. are willing to assist with
a festival / fundraising. Discuss this after SASF.
7. Local government elections debate: Meet with community organisations
involved in service delivery struggles. Try to get stories about
attitude to elections. Use newsletter to highlight views about elections.
8. Report on housing rally: Linn wrote it. It has been put on website.
- Newsletter: one to be done to include TAC general conference,
housing struggle news and domestic violence piece
- Pamphlet on what is indymedia: Peter to write
- SIM card for Indymedia in Zimbabwe to be looked into - this could
make us more contactable
- Finalise constitution and policies and sent to Linn to get copies
made @ AIDC
- T-shirts - with slogan - done by Peter
- proposal to use Indymedia money to make these
- R120 for screen
- free printing or R5 per shirt
- Linn to ask AIDC to lend money
- Linn to go and buy t-shirts
- CDs and videos to be taken to Zimbabwe
More information about the Imc-ct