[Imc-india] Harassment and Defamation

boud boud at riseup.net
Wed Mar 22 02:27:53 PST 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Daniel Brett wrote:

> Can't someone just delete the offending comment? India Indymedia has a policy
> of removing comments that "contain personal attacks".

See
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcIndia

imc india has generally only had an "emergency, temporary" collective
for a long time - the idea is that local indymedias need to be autonomous
and manage their own stuff - the fact that someone living in poland
has been (de facto) moderating discussion on imc-india is already a sign
that the collective is not terribly autonomous.

editorial policies (such as what to hide or not hide) take a lot of time
and energy in practice - the difficulty is the "borderline" cases - you
can't expect volunteer activists from other parts of the world to put in
the time and energy to do this on behalf of local activists. it's also
the political question of local autonomy.

anyway, i'm sure that pietro will hide this comment once he has time to
find what's wrong.

boud

PS: nik - i suggest you work on the wikipedia page
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Prem_Rawat
and maybe it's summary at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prem_rawat#Criticism

If you wish to retain anonymity, then i recommend you create yourself a
login (top-right) - otherwise your IP number will be revealed (wikipedia
is *not* indymedia).