[imc-korea] Minutes for 2005/04/28
nevindomer at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 22:55:08 PDT 2005
Ok, here are the minutes for the open meeting. Our turnout wasn’t large but
that’s ok. :) I didn’t include all the stuff about the pirate radio
discussion. A lot of it was really interesting to me but for security
reasons I didn’t want it posted on our wiki site. If you have additions or
corrections to make please add them to the wiki page.
Minutes for 2005/04/28
In attendance: D, Ne, C, M
notes taken by (ne)
(d) started the meeting and gave background on IMC and the effort to start
one in Korea.
(domi) told us about the guerrilla radio movement in Korea. This was a
pretty long and interesting discussion with interest to some of our members
(I have decided not to post the notes from this discussion here as they
cover illegal activities)
Return to basic Q&A about IMC & the Korea IMC working group.
- using internet to upload MP3s that could be downloaded and broadcast
- IMC is a tool that embodies many possibilities
(m) suggestion to make an IMC announcement during May Day
- (m) this could include an on-line message board
- (d) no fliers there will be too many already
- possible to make a poster / sandwich board
Decision to set up the site!
- (d) will ask jinbo net for server space
A long discussion over the URL (skorea / s-korea / seoul / korea) where in
the end we decided on korea.indymedia.org
Decided to use MIR because of the translation feature
- (n) agreed to function as tech and get in contact with MIR developers
After meeting discussion include talk about getting support from overseas
Koreans, especially in the area of translation.