[Imc-lasvegas] Edit, arguing, etc.

Gail Sacco gails123456 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 17:29:51 PST 2005

Jeffrey wrote:  you have seen that i will not ignore silly and unecessary personal attacks. i
just don't particularly believe in ignoring them.

Response:  I was there the night of the meeting and you did nothing wrong.  I also agree
everyone who is on the end of the personal attack has every right to defend themself.
Jason uses the strategy of ignoring <lol> and that is all well and good also.

jason writes that he has made "important " decisions but nobody seems to have noticed
much. i too ask why? he blocked sh's address i did not hear a great howl of complaints.
why?

I gave my excuse (reason) in another note. <g>

Jeffrey wrote:  as to my "transgression", the mistake i made was to not save the content
that i deleted to show what was done. i should have done that and i regret it. but,
considering that there either is no policy or i was following the policy i don't feel i violated
anything.

Response:  I copied the whole message before you edited it.  I had a premonition that we
might need it.  You are correct.  You didn't violate any policy.  I was just being a Monday
morning quarterback.

jeffrey <j_pow00 at myway.com> wrote:
yes this is a good discussion. if we could keep it to the pertinent points, it could be a better one. jason, you have seen that i will not ignore silly and unecessary personal attacks. i just don't particularly believe in ignoring them. they aren't really necessary and they are just plain wrong.as for the matter at hand, yes it was wrong to alter sh's "article" without consulting the group. but again there wasn't really a policy in place and furthermore it would seem that i WAS following the "policy" in place! now, i seem to recall another "article" by sh where some other person(s) were deeply offended. they asked the group about deleting it and, without reading it and considering the source, i gave my ok to do so.perhaps that was a consensus i don't know. is there a certain quorum or number of responses that constitute consensus? is it just whomever answers the email? jason writes that he has made "important " decisions but nobody seems to have noticed much. i too ask why? he
 blocked sh's address i did not hear a great howl of complaints. why? as to my "transgression", the mistake i made was to not save the content that i deleted to show what was done. i should have done that and i regret it. but, considering that there either is no policy or i was following the policy i don't feel i violated anything. thanx, jason for a sane and non belligerant response! i appreciate that! if we can keep discussions on this level i think we can and will make actual progress.

peace, jp :-)