[Imc-london] Re: political art stuff on indymedia newswires - 322807

maqui maqui at syndicate.org.uk
Fri Sep 9 14:26:56 PDT 2005

Hello

A very quick note, just to say that I *strongly* support what ionnek
says below. I also think that Indymedia's description of what is
'political' should be much broader than the usual 'activist' milieu.

For me, if there's anything significantly different and inspiring from
UK political activism is that it has consistently feed from creativity,
whilst combining direct action with art, performance, music, or
whatever else ... Otherwise what was RTS in the mid 90's, Pink and
Silver and samba after that, Clowns more recently, and before all that
the almighty free festi/techno rave/anti-cjb era?

Let's build bridges and not go back to the gheto.

Maqui

(with all *due* respect and solidarity to *all* indy-uk admins)