[IMC-pgh-announce] Low Power FM, a New Waste Coal Power Plant, and Run, Baby, Run - Rustbelt Radio for May 15th, 2006
radio at indypgh.org
radio at indypgh.org
Mon May 15 13:06:47 PDT 2006
Rustbelt Radio is the Pittsburgh Independent Media Center's weekly review
of the news from the grassroots, news overlooked by the corporate media.
Tune in tonight, May 15th at 6pm, and Tuesday the 16th at 9am on 88.3FM!
On this week's show,
* We investigate the issues surrounding a new waste coal power plant
proposed for Robinson Township, Washington county.
* We'll hear about the importance of lower power FM radio and the
fight for community media, from a recent discussion held in Pittsburgh
with Hannah Sassaman of the Prometheus Radio Project
* the return of our segment which spotlights a local grassroots group,
The Light at the End of the Fort Pitt Tunnel. This week we'll hear about
Run-Baby-Run. It's a crash-course to turn ordinary folks into electable politicians.
* and two doctors from Kenya talk about providing post-abortion care to
women in Kenya, and women's access to reproductive health care
Rustbelt Radio is produced weekly, live every Monday from 6-7pm on WRCT
in Pittsburgh at 88.3FM. WRCT is broadcast live on the web
(http://wrct.org) And you can subscribe to our podcast or download any
show any time at http://radio.indypgh.org
Other ways to listen:
* WARC 90.3FM (from Allegheny College in Meadville, PA) on Thursdays
* WPTS Pittsburgh 92.1FM on Saturdays, 5-6pm from the University of
* We can also be heard on WVJW 94.1FM (in the Wheeling, WV area) on
* Rustbelt Radio Podcast: http://indypgh.org/syn/rustbelt-podcast.xml
Pittsburgh Indymedia is dedicated to producing and supporting
community-based, non-corporate participatory media, and we need you to
participate! If you'd like to get involved with any aspect of radio
production, TV production, promotion or writing and editing, please email
us at radio at indypgh.org or call 412-923-3000.
Thanks for listening,
Pittsburgh Independent Media Center's weekly
review of news from the grassroots
More information about the IMC-pgh-announce