[IMC-pgh-announce] This week: Rustbelt Radio and Rustbelt TV
info at indypgh.org
info at indypgh.org
Mon Sep 18 12:56:14 PDT 2006
1. This week's Rustbelt Radio
2. Rustbelt TV broadcast schedule and meeting
Rustbelt Radio is the Pittsburgh Independent Media Center's weekly review of news from the grassroots, news overlooked by the corporate media.
Tune in tonight, September 18th at 6 PM, and Tuesday the 19th at 9 AM (after Democracy Now!) on 88.3FM or at wrct.org
On this week's show:
* Rustbelt Radio talks with Kathy Hall Martinez the co-executive director of Stop Prisoner Rape about the issue of sexual assault in U.S. prisons
* we'll hear the founders of a new recycled-oil biodiesel manufacturing facility in New York discuss biodiesel's potential as a clean energy source
* A woman from the Hill District is violently threatened by police
* A local Planned Parenthood rep. talks about Plan B
* Updates on the political situation in Bolivia
* and more in our local and global headlines
Rustbelt Radio airs live every Monday from 6-7pm and again Tuesday mornings at 9AM on WRCT 88.3FM in Pittsburgh, every Thursday 6-7pm on WVJW 94.1 FM in the Wheeling, West Virginia area, and also every Saturday morning at 9am on WPTS 92.1 FM. Also, WRCT is broadcast live on the web (http://wrct.org), and you can subscribe to our podcast or download any show any time at http://radio.indypgh.org
For more information, or to get involved with Rustblet Radio, please email us at radio at indypgh.org or call us at 412-923-3000.
Rustbelt TV on PCTV21!
This week and next week you can watch the latest edition of Rustbelt TV, a television show produced in collaboration with Rustbelt Radio's news from the grassroots. The show will be broadcast on Pittsburgh community television (PCTV21) at several different times on the following days in September:
* Thursday the 21st at 10am
* Saturday the 23rd at 9pm
* Tuesday the 26th at 9am
* Friday the 29th at 6pm and
* Saturday the 30th at 2pm
In addition to these broadcasts on PCTV21, Rustbelt TV is available at any time on the internet, at the website video.indypgh.org
** TV SHOW MEETING: Rustbelt TV needs volunteers! We'll be meeting on
Wednesday, September 20, at 7 pm at the Quiet Storm coffeehouse, on the
corner of Penn Avenue and Graham Street. Email video at indypgh.org or
call 412-923-3000 for more info.
Thanks for listening and watching!
Rustbelt Radio & Rustbelt TV
Pittsburgh Independent Media Center's news from the grassroots
More information about the IMC-pgh-announce