david at indypgh.org
Mon Jan 19 08:20:47 PST 2004
imc meeting 1/17/03
- enrique, dan, andy, quinten, gwen, david, mary, chris, adam
DISCUSSION OF COLLECTIVE
- ed: process; should every one who comes to a meeting be part of the
decision-making process? current policy: say but not vote.
- need for clarification - example of guy who phoned in his "vote"
against removing the comments link
- there is a formal distinction btw editorial collective and overall
- there is a need for other working groups to establish formal
- another need: we must make it clear that ours isn't an exclusive
- a concern was raised that its hard for people to get involved -
suggested a need for a contact to help clarify imc process and issues,
as well as an imc introductory packet. andy volunteered to draft
something about that...
- yet another need: better inter-working group information exchange
- andy will draft clarifying language about decision making
- observation: fine line btw clarification and amendment; there may be
a need for amendments, and indeed some re-working our mission (tabled
for later meeting)
- proposal: implement wiki system - it exists on indymedia.org. - will
be written up and emailed by andy (i think).
- chris is developing a proposal for greater transparency in
- note that there were three proposals w.r.t. comments:
1) proposal to remove comments link on front page (passed last week;
2) proposal to remove list of ten most recent comments on article page
(not for this meeting)
3) automatic email for hiding messages
- andy will send out msg about his original proposal to remove comments
link from start page and give folks 48 hours to block.
- decision: decided to implement sf-active automatic emailing for
- big idea: millvale & liberty; moving in on febrary; may have space
there for us - won't be big; cost unknown.
- thomas merton center: deskspace + a little storage. decided to go for
it - david will post proposal to list and wait 48 hours.
- nathanial had also offered space:
- quinten: idea for satellite imc stations
[see tmc follow up msg]
- feb 19-22
- gwen has been distributing flyers; cmu rooms reserved; pitt is still
a problem - won't hear until end of the month.
- videos: 'Tent IMP activism
- update on programs
- needs: outreach; curating
- idea to use henrique video
- january 24: convergence video + roger's stuff
- kate burke: interested in newsreal
- mary will call kate burke to bring her up to date
NEW PEOPLE (TMC paper)
- imc section, highlights? decision to move discussion on line; tabled
for next meeting. david will find out next NP deadline. [see follow-up
INDYBAY / SF-IMC / PORTLAND
- brief discussion, group felt that imc pgh shouldn't really do
anything about it just yet
- andy gets $20 bucks to cover the charger cost.
videofest meeting saturday 2pm @ kiva han
next general mtg feb 7 2pm - located tbd
More information about the IMC-pgh-discuss