[Imc-pl] [IMC-Finance] funding for indymedia poland

Sheri Madrone Herndon sheri w speakeasy.net
Sob, 9 Paź 2010, 14:01:49 PDT

Hello,

I love the idea of supporting Indy Poland for all the reasons we can imagine and more!

Can someone clarify what is the total in dollars?  There are two columns and I can't quite tell what is being asked for in terms of $.

Also, have any requests been made to the imc-tech collective asking for support in terms of this transfer from Mir to Drupal?  I imagine there are some folks who would want to lend their technical expertise to you all.  Is
there any kind of support network in Europe (indymedia) for supporting you in your efforts to increase volunteer participation etc.?  These are issues that many IMCs face and sharing our knowledge and best practices
would be a great thing.  Since we are heading into more of a collaborative culture and social body.  Some of your needs are about finances and some are beyond finances.  So I am curious.  Clearly getting financial support
would help in many ways and there are other foundations which will be needed to help Indymedia Poland take the next step.

Also, can our Urbana treasurer tell us the current balance in the bank?  We've used that precedent over the years just to help us assess where we are when funding proposals come in.  I imagine we are in a good place,
but I'd love to know what is in the bank when approving a proposal!

Thanks!

Sheri
Indymedia nomad

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." ~~ Pierre Teilhard de
Chardin

On Sat Oct  9 13:23 , elisa  sent: