[imc-scotland-discussion] for anyone interested in INC - the paper version of Inydmedia Scotland

Mike mike_zzzzzz at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 12:12:26 PST 2005

Looks good to me Leigh. I'll set-up a list for this this week.

Very Brief Minutes from Meeting at Chalkboard last week

It was agreed to go ahead and produce a quarterly newspaper of 4 sheets (8 pages) luanching in January 06

The aims of the paper to strengthen and broaden the Indymedia network and draw in people not already involved in 'activist' politics, and those without ready access to the internet.

I've lost my notes - bit I think they're in a bag somewhere - just got back from up north. Can someone else fill-in the blanks till I dig them out?

below is Leighs stab at guidelines for accepting banners of support from other groups.

Next meeting: Friday 2nd December. Chalkboard

variant <variant at ndirect.co.uk> wrote:
To: Mike <mike_zzzzzz at yahoo.co.uk>,
Michael <michael.c23 at ntlworld.com>,
Harry <hhalpin at ibiblio.org>,
Mike <mike77 at macunlimited.net>
From: variant <variant at ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: draft/suggested statement on affinity banners, sponsorship, advertising income for discussion
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:34:21 +0000

I don't have everyone's emails and wasn't sure about sending an attachment to the List, so I'm sending this to emails I have, if Mike S. could please forward it to the collected emails, and if the List accepts attachments please post it there for the record, if not cut the attachment to post it to the List.

Here's Ad Info PDF from IndyBay Faultlines paper:

http://www.indybay.org/
http://www.indybay.org/faultlines/
http://www.streetleveltv.org/

SanDiego Indymedia paper project SanDiego FreePress is also supported
by donations and advertising.
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/SanDiegoFreePress

** So here's a draft/suggested statement on affinity banners,
sponsorship, advertising income for discussion:::

Inc editorial collective’s stance on affinity banners, sponsorship,
advertising, donations' income:

As a means to print and freely distribute the paper, Inc encourages
affinity banners, advertisements, sponsorship, voluntary donations from
grassroots actions and campaigns, co-operatives, educational,
non-corporate, non-commercial, charitable and ethical
organisations/bodies/groups/individuals that reflect and further the
interests of the following Indymedia Scotland Mission Statement:

“The Independent Media Center is a global network of collectively run
media outlets for the creation of radical, accurate, and passionate
tellings of truth. We are motivated by a love and inspiration for
people who work for a better world despite corporate media's
distortions and unwillingness to cover efforts to develop an
egalitarian and sustainable society.
The Scotland Independent Media Centre is a grassroots organisation
committed to using media production and distribution as tools for
promoting social and ecology justice. We are dedicated to addressing
issues that the mainstream media neglects and we do not conceal our
politics behind a false objectivity. We will empower people to "become
the media" by providing democratic access to available technologies and
information.”

The paper remains absolutely free at the point of distribution.

Affinity banners, sponsorship, advertising, donations or any such forms
of income from those with ties with political parties / affinity
groups, or larger NGOs is not accepted.

There is a total separation of affinity banners, sponsorship,
advertising, donations from influence on the editorial stance.

Inc reserves the right to exercise editorial discretion on any affinity
banners, sponsorship, advertising, donation.

Why? Because we believe in a culture that values diversity and is
rooted in the communities we share.

All the best
Leigh

Variant
1/2 189b Maryhill Road
Glasgow G20 7XJ

t. +44 (0)141 333 9522
e. variantmag at btinternet.com
http://www.variant.org.uk

receive events info & online Variant:
variantforum-subscribe at topica.com

Document 3
International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival
Programme: http://www.docfilmfest.org.uk

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

    e. variantmag at btinternet.com
    http://www.variant.org.uk