[IMC-Seattle] Re: [Seattle-editorial] SEAIMC Meeting Changed! (Not?)
webshiva at mac.com
Fri Jul 9 21:50:00 PDT 2004
Talked to Rick. We will all be meeting tomorrow at the Broadview
Library (in Greenwood) at 1pm
On Jul 9, 2004, at 7:20 PM, rickh at riseup.net wrote:
> As soon as I was notified of the change, I let everyone know.
> Where do you plan to meet? The meeting room at the Broadview Branch
> be in use.
> When I spoke to Joseph earlier today, he indicated he would only be
> for 30 minutes, anyway.
> So should we just meet at the Broadview Branch, and just meet in the
> library? Or meet there, and then drive up to Shoreline? I was
> planning on
> bussing to the meet, but I can drive if I must.
> What stuff do we need to discuss? Storage and CTC stuff.
> At the last meeting, we were empowered to change the storage, as long
> we did not spend more than we already are. So our limit is $130 a
> Anything else requires the approval of the entire group.
> I am trying to get a person or 3 to go to the storage on Sunday. I
> Mark is going - anyone else interested? We need to get the IMC owned
> machines to Bill Aal so we can get 'em online - thats the volunteer
> database, etc.
> And we need to see where we are as far as the space search goes, and
> importantly, discuss if we should be renting working space now. There
> not any consensus at this time to do that.
> And while we are on the subject, I must say - I do not think we are
> to take on an office yet - we simply do not have the resources.
> For us to be an approved CTC, we need to have, amomg other things, a
> that is open to the public, and this space must be ADA equipped. We
> operate regular hours for Public use, and operate at least 20 hours a
> Do we have the income to sustain the rent? Do we have enough people
> committed to staffing the space on a regular basis?
> Again, I must say - I would love to see us have our own space. But we
> cannot afford that at this time. And I do not believe we should gamble
> what we have left on the chance we can raise funds consistantly. I do
> want to repeat our mistakes. If anyone has a viable plan, lets hear
> But to rent something without a viable plan, and some regular income,
> to repeat the exact mistake that got us in this situation. Please,
> not do that.
>> **** 1 ***** Time/Location Conflict
>> Yikes! I think there was a delay in the email distribution. I wasn't
>> on Rick's original distribution list, and there was a delay in getting
>> Joseph's forward.
>> Bottomline: We have a scheduling conflict that will impact the
>> Editorial Working Group. Since Joseph is a core member of the
>> collective, we cannot move our 1 pm meeting to Shoreline.
>> Editorial/Tech comrades: do you want to try to meet earlier, in the
>> original spot and/or delay our meeting (once again)? Please provide
>> input asap. I favor joining Joseph at the 130th and Greenwood
>> .... then when our business is complete, we can then drive up to
>> Shoreline for the other meeting. Thoughts???
>> ***** 2 **** Meeting Agenda
>> Rick, could you be a little more specific about the agenda for the
>> Shoreline meeting? i.e., what decisions to you hope to make? what
>> do you hope to have assigned? etc. The reason I am asking is that the
>> following working groups were organized during the last meeting:
>> * indicates point person/convener
>> CTC Tasks: Sheri, *Rick, Mark, Laury, Lila
>> Storage: Mark, Noah, Walt, *Laury, Joseph, Rick, Sheri
>> Volunteer DB: Laury, Bill, Brandon, Joseph.
>> Interim Finance WG: Rick, Sheri, Joseph, Brandon.
>> With Sheri out of town, and the Editorial team (possibly) meeting in
>> Greenwood at 1pm, the Shoreline meeting may not have the quorum needed
>> for any binding decisions. There definitely will not be enough
>> people present to hand out the assignments to complete the necessary
>> tasks. .... And as the point person/convener of the Storage
>> I know that most of the members of the Storage team will be in the
>> Editorial meeting.
>> Should the Shoreline meeting be rescheduled???
>> ***** 3 **** Home Sweet (CTC) Home
>> I just can't stop my self from saying it: we won't have to run around
>> the city trying to find a meeting space if we rent CTC office
>> -- Laury
>> On Jul 9, 2004, at 2:42 PM, Joseph Eisenschmidt wrote:
>>> The Saturday meeting will be at 175 between 5th & 3rd NE at the
>>> Shoreline library.
>>> I'll be at the Greenwood library redirecting folks, as I can't
>>> attend the Shoreline location.
>>> ----- Forwarded message from rickh at riseup.net -----
>>> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:33:47 -0700 (PDT)
>>> From: rickh at riseup.net
>>> Reply-To: rickh at riseup.net
>>> Subject: Meeting Location CHANGED
>>> To: anarch3m at lycos.com, imc-seattle at indymedia.org,
>>> brandon at faloona.net, darrinburgess at yahoo.com, g at art13.com,
>>> iamforher at riseup.net, noahecuador at hotmail.com, relayer at riseup.net,
>>> rickh at riseup.net, sunbird at riseup.net
>>> Just got a call from the Library. They made an oops, booked a
>>> program at
>>> the same time as our meeting was scheduled.
>>> They did arrange a new room for us. It is at the Shoreline Library,
>>> betwwen 3rd and 5th.
>>> Time is still 1 pm.
>>> We do have much to discuss. Reportbacks on the CTC situation, and
>>> hunt for affordable space. Other issues will also be discussed.
>>> We look forward to seeing you.
>>> PS - Please forgive any duplication. I wanted to get this to
>>> and the IMC list server is down - so we cannot send an e-mail to any
>>> ----- End forwarded message -----
>>> Seattle-editorial mailing list
>>> Seattle-editorial at lists.indymedia.org
More information about the imc-seattle