[imc-sf-active] release timeline ...
bart at indymedia.org
Sun Dec 26 13:27:21 PST 2004
- needed code rewrites
- smarty stuff
- devel docs
- normal docs
[ release ]
I guess we should think about when/how we'll release again. for me the
following makes sense:
* current cvs: broken at various points.
* we code the things we're coding, fixing things, adding planned things.
when it's stable & tested & bugfree (or more or less bugfree) we'll
for me, we call it 0.9.6 by default. if we have static sites, we can call
[ needed code rewrites. ]
* i have issues with the following stuff:
the problem is they all rely (quite) heavily on the dbase. some solutions
* mvoe searches to /search/ (this is kinda required anyway).
* write up some static news, calendar & feature browse method (a bit like
the one we have for media files). shouldn't be extremely hard to do (i'll
try to collect some more idea's on this).
* rewrite some stuff so the cached parts go into local/cache (and there
* should be a .php file that just does the right includes-).
[ smarty stuff ]
I've committed smarty stuff yesterday and today some fixes/improvements.
I've written a little bit up here: (read this for sure, it also tells how
to get it working :-)
i'll try to set here at wich stat it is:
categories: working for 90% (there are errors in the feature index pages
articles: not working. not yet converted
calendar: working. (but some stuff in calendar/ is still like it was
user stuff: working
archives: more or less working
cities: working. cities lists will be cached to local/include.
syndication index: broken. (shouldn't be too hard to do atm).
feature_photo: working (but not all strings are comitted yet)
date-i18n: working. uses setlocale & strftime (well, smarty's date_format
uses strftime). TODO: give each language a locale, code some extra stuff
xhtml-compatibility: improved. but not all admin pages follow it yet.
[ devel docs ]
- i finally found out why they didn't auto update (well, i finally looked
at it :-). they will update twice a day.
[ normal documentation ]
- completely out of date. we should rewrite them. (we probably need shell
access at codecoop if we want to do huge changes to this).
sorry for the chaotic style.
mtop looks like the revolution!
http://wvl.indymedia.org | bart at indymedia.org
http://thepits.be | bart at thepits.be
gebruik vrije software -- Debian GNU/Linux -- http://debian.org
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-keys be196251
More information about the imc-sf-active