[imc-sheffield] text size...

cc at riseup.net cc at riseup.net
Wed Jul 7 04:35:59 PDT 2004

Hi

On Wed 07-Jul-2004 at 11:46:44AM +0100, Dan Olner wrote:
> In fact, you can change the text size by the simple
> expedient of:
>
> Holding down the CTRL key...
>
> ... and rolling the wheel on yer wheel mouse! (if you've
> got one.  If you haven't... get one! They're ace!)

+1

I'd go as far as saying that they are essential, even
Mac's support them even though they ship with weird one
button mice... and they don't cost much, a 3 button
optical wheel mouse on ebuyer is £3.12 inc VAT... (though
personally I always get Logitech ones...).

In Mozilla you need to set up the wheel to scroll by going
here:

  Edit -> Preferences -> Advances -> Mouse Wheel

Personally I find the text on most (including Sheffield
IMC) sites too small but I generally adjust the text size
of each site to suit.

By not setting the text size we are giving the user more
control over how the site is viewed by them :-)

Chris