[imc-sheffield] Meeting notes 27th July 2010
chris at anargeek.net
Wed Jul 28 02:13:26 PDT 2010
We have the upstairs room at The Rutland booked for Tuesday 7th
September for our next meeting and following are some brief notes from
last night, please fill in any gaps via a follow up email or by editing
the wiki page they are on:
Notes from the Sheffield Indymedia meeting held on 27th July 2010, at
which there were 7 present.
* We need to add better http://cacert.org/ and ftp upload instruction to
the pre-publish page.
* We need to sort out flash encoding of video files.
* We should have a training session in the autumn, we can use the
training room at Sheffield Live for this.
* We need a flyer which encourages people to post their news, this
could highlight anti-cuts protests as there will be lots of these
* Draft a email to be sent to activists in Sheffield encouraging
them to post to the site.
* Bank account - we need to update the signatories and find out how
much we have in the account and encourage people to set up
* Twitter - when the RSS feeds have the Sheffield URL's of articles
we agreed to link to http://twitter.com/sheffindymedia from the
front page and agree some wording on our attitude to corporate
social media sites.
* Facebook - we agreed to investigate their API and how we can push
indymedia content onto facebook
* Sheffield Live and Big Issue advert - consider when we know how
much money we have, prepare a audio ad.
* Hyper local blogs -- look at how to work with local news blogs,
perhaps pull in content from some using RSS.
* Report back from network meeting
All the best
More information about the imc-sheffield