[imc-st.louis] [Fwd: [Confluence] NEW Beehive Tour this Spring! “Tales of Ants and Economics in the Americas”]

Mark mberry at riseup.net
Wed Feb 1 13:01:16 PST 2006

Anyone want to be the contact to bring them here?
Mark

Subject: [Confluence] NEW Beehive Tour this Spring! “Tales of Ants and
Economics in the Americas”
From:    "Beehive Design Collective" <pollinators at beehivecollective.org>
Date:    Fri, January 20, 2006 10:54 pm
To:      undisclosed-recipients:;

D  I  S  M  A  N  T  L  I  N  G    M  O  N  O  C  U  L  T  U  R  E:
       _____ TALES OF ANTS AND ECONOMICS IN THE AMERICAS _____

    NOW BOOKING! -  March thru August 2006
...a visual storytelling of the Beehive’s Graphic Trilogy
focused on corporate globalization in the Americas

At long last, the trilogy connected as one visual tour de force!

-FEATURING the long-anticipated DEBUT of “MESOAMERICA RESISTE”
...our most ambitious and elaborate illustration to date...
                ...2 YEARS in the making!

-AVAILABLE for locations throughout the U.S. and Southern CANADA

It’s a picture-lecture to be understood by anyone
 not just the experts
and political analysts!

The Beehive is a wildly motivated all-volunteer, art-activist collective
that has gained international attention and participation for its
collaboratively produced graphics campaigns. (Wait!  You aren't familiar
with the bees' work?  Visit www.beehivecollective.org)

With three giant illustrated portable murals, a six foot tall fabric
storybook, and an engaging narrative, the Bees take audiences on
an interactive VISUAL tour of the connections between COLONIZATION,
MILITARIZATION, and RESOURCE EXTRACTION in the Americas.  We will be
exposing the agendas of the Free Trade Area of the Americas,
Plan Colombia, and celebrating resistance to Plan Puebla Panama in
Mesoamerica. JOIN IN as we deconstruct the complex and overwhelming
issues that are shaping our world, using bioregionally accurate
depictions of animals and insects as metaphors to link cultural and
ecological diversity.

Our swarm is still booking a flight path for the next few months,
visiting SCHOOLS, ORGANIZATIONS and EVENTS with presentations of our
educational graphics. It's not too late to bring the Bees to your town!

For MORE INFO please visit our TOUR page via the link below.
http://www.beehivecollective.org/english/tour.htm

Your help in spreading the word to potential hosts is
invaluable and much-appreciated,  THANK YOU!

----------------------------
the beehive design collective
www.beehivecollective.org
bees at beehivecollective.org
3 elm st | machias maine | 04654
909.331.8529 (cell)
207.669.4117 (voice mail | before May 1st)
207.255.6737 (in Maine   | after  May 1st)
----------------------------
                     .
                     ,
                     ,    .
                     :iVBMMX:
                      t++;tMt
                  .  ;B    YR;;;:::
          +,   ;iiV  .YY;  it
            :.,;  i;iiiiBXVi
                  +MR:   i
                  ,MYi;:;V
             +tt: tM, .XMBii;+
           +t;  iiVMt;YR;    i
    ..:,:.:;;;:..;Bi,XV,    ;+
   .:     ;,:;+;,,YMMVtY+;: :i
         :+  :+iiRMB,t. :,+; ;
        .Y .tY;,.,+X: i,   i :.
       :i ,BM:     ,B: i;  t  .
      ;; +RBRt     ,Ri  ;; +
    ;i: :Mi .ii:   iMi .i  ;
;;;    tX     ;+tBMM, i   ;
        RRi        VB :;   :
       :MiXY,    :XMi ;    ;
        RY,;VBYiiRMt  ,   .:
        iMMVi+YBMRi   i
         iRMMMMRY,    +
          :iYt;.      ;
                      ;;

Confluence, POBox 63232, St. Louis, MO 63163
Circulation: 10,000 www.stlconfluence.org
St. Louis Independent Media Center
www.stlimc.org
Community Arts and Media Project