[ahimsa-tech] Re: [IMC-Tech] Setting up mali.indymedia.org

Peter van Heusden pvh at wfeet.za.net
Sun Jan 15 23:38:54 PST 2006

Hi boud, everyone

I had a discussion with pina on IRC this morning, and we agreed that
having a topic on an existing Indymedia site would be a better idea than
creating a new site. So, the only question is, where to host it.
Ambazonia is one option, Indymedia South Africa is another, and pina
suggested the global site as a place too.

The requirements are:

1) Technical ability to host such a topic.
and
2) Being able to give some people in the media centre in Bamako admin
access to such a site.

The first one isn't much of a problem, but the second one could be. Just
quickly, I don't see how we can have good coverage without giving people
in Bamako the ability to edit features, etc. But this would mean giving
people who aren't - at this point - part of any Indymedia collective
admin access to a site. I don't think this will be a problem with
Indymedia South Africa, but let's hear from others about hosting
suggestions for this WSF.

Peter