[Imc-thunderbay] AK Press is hiring...again
lani at akpress.org
Fri Jun 17 17:31:38 UTC 2005
AK Press needs to hire a new collective member. We're sending this call far
and wide. Sorry for the quasi-spam if you couldn't care less, but if you do
care and/or know other likely anarcho-candidates, please apply and/or
forward to your pals.
Lani (for AK)
For immediate consideration!
Women and People of Color strongly encouraged to apply.
AK Press is looking to add a new member to our collective. The position
requires a minimum of 40 hours work per week plus additional nights and
weekends, tabling at special events (bookfairs, concerts, conferences etc.).
AK Press is a worker-owned and run anarchist collective, which publishes and
distributes books and other media. Our politics draw on the rich heritage of
anarchist, anti-authoritarian and left-communist thought and action. AK
Press publishes around 30 books, CDs and DVDs per year, and distributes
3,000+ other titles from independent presses and publishers to the book
trade, individuals, radical spaces and other outlets.
We are hiring for an Order Entry / Shipping and Receiving position.
Job responsibilities include:
* Entering orders and shipping books to stores
* Receiving incoming shipments
* Shelving books
* Reconciling differences between shipment quantities and purchase order
quantities, pricing changes, etc.
* Collective management: The general management of the company is a
collective responsibility, from ensuring our financial health and assessing
our political strategies to changing light bulbs and sweeping the floor, all
responsibility and accountability for AK Press rests with its workers.
We're actively looking for someone:
* Whose politics are compatible with AK's
* Who is detail oriented and well organized
* Who has good math skills
* Who has experience with Macs
* Who has a knowledge of and passion for books
* Who has an incredible work ethic
* Who can work well as part of the collective
Other desirable skills include:
* Experience with Filemaker and/or Acumen Book.
* Experience in writing, proofreading and/or copy-editing.
* Experience in other collectives.
* Connections to current political activities.
* Experience in the book trade.
Please mail, fax or email a comprehensive letter of interest and a resume as
soon as possible. Our pay is $23,000+ per year, comprehensive health
insurance including dental, 4 weeks per year of paid time off and all the
joys and headaches of being part of a worker owned and managed company. All
applicants will receive a response. Thank you!
If emailing, please respond to jobs at akpress.org
674-A 23rd St
Oakland CA 94612-1163
More information about the Imc-thunderbay