[Imc-thunderbay] Location Possibility? Grannart

Jolene Simko smoothwoven at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 18:39:31 UTC 2006

Did any of you indymedia volk know about the Grannart centre on Bay st.?
If you talk to Jane and John about it, I can see you working out a way
to use their new (and very awesome) space, in turn for helping get the
word out about their events.
I can't say for sure, but for those of you involved in the location
debate, they're worth looking into. (has anybody already asked?)
Here are a couple emails I've received from them over the past while,
outlining more or less what they're about...
Where are the meetings held these days anyway? If I'm not working I'll
drop by the next one.

Cheers,
Jolene Cheryl Simko

*******************
GRANNART INC. IS PLEASED TO  ANNOUNCE STARTING JANUARY 27TH
WE WILL BE PROMOTING OUR  LOCAL TALENTED MUSICIANS AT THE GALLERY /
AND NEW COFFEE HOUSE AT 276 BAY  ST.

SHELLEY JACOBSON WILL  PERFORM EVERY LAST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH.
CREATING A NEW AND EXCITING VENUE "SONG  WRITERS IN THE ROUND."
SHE WILL HOST THE EVENING  BRINGING IN OTHER PERFORMERS WITH HER TO
ENTERTAIN YOU AND YOUR  FRIENDS.

FOLLOWED  BY:

      FEB.  3RD PERFORMANCE BY DAVE JONASSON

      FEB  9TH PERFORMANCE BY GIBSON AND MARTIN

      FEB  16TH PERFORMANCE BY T-BAY BLUE GRASS ACOUSTIC MUSIC GUILD.

     FEB  24TH SHELLEY JACOBSON "SONG WRITERS IN THE  ROUND"

     FEB 25TH  KNACKERS

We are hoping to make this  an on going schedule for Thursday Friday
and Saturday evenings from 8:30 - 11:30  performances, doors open at
8:00.
$5.00 entry fee at the  door, beverages will be sold during the evening.
Hope to see you there!!!  Help support our local talents!!!

Sincerely

Jane  Grann

 **********************
From: Jane and John <grannart at tbaytel.net>
Date: Dec 12, 2005 5:37 PM
Subject: GrannArt hours

Hello everyone,
Just a reminder that GrannArt at 276 Bay st Thunder Bay Ontario will
be open Tuesday - Friday 11:00 - 7:00 and Sat 11:00 - 5:00 for the
Christmas season If you are looking for something original or one of a
kind stop in and shop local at the gallery choose from artworks from
over 55 local and area artists.
We also are selling local musician CD's which will make great Stocking Stuffers.
Coming soon GrannArt Coffee House with the help of our local and area
performing artists we will entertain you and your friends.
If you are an artists or musician give us a call we can try to help in
promoting you and your art.
If you are looking for a space to have a meeting or seminar give us a call.
If you are interested in joining our website or linking to it let us know.
We are also holding information meeting in January for area artists.
Look us up at www.grannartinc.com for more information on us, or email
us at grannart at tbaytel.net
or call 807 344 4824

Sincerely