vg at riseup.net
Wed Dec 1 03:38:56 PST 2010
Well, it's entirely possible that sarsnic will just go straight to ana
but, nevertheless, I think this is a reasonable way to proceed.
The alternative would be to get the application drafted *first* and then
contact sarsnic in the same terms as you've already suggested, asking
him to offer some advice.
Mr. Demeanour wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm working on the new-imc form at the moment. The (blank) form is
> located here:
> I'm not sure what happens when you submit it; I suspect it may get
> posted immediately to the new-imc mailing list. I'm therefore reluctant
> to try to save it as a working document. I'm going to post the present
> draft contents to this list (my next post).
> I propose to ask sarsnic personally for advice, and I seek the group's
> permission to email him off-list. It seems to me that the work of the
> new-imc collective is currently being done by as few as two people: ana
> and sarsnic (it's hard to tell). I propose to use text like this:
> Hi Nick,
> We are a group of people who work together on the UK site at
> indymedia.org.uk. The collective that runs that site is currently rather
> ill-defined, and its legitimacy has been called into question by others
> in the UK Network. To remedy that situation, we are now trying to
> organise ourselves as a properly-constituted collective.
> I realise that the proper way of doing this would be to contact the
> new-imc list; however we believe that certain members of the new-imc
> collective are actively hostile to our project, partly due to personal
> animosities, and partly as a result of recent tensions within the UK
> Network. I am approaching you because you are not involved in the UK
> Network, and because you seem to have done a good job of stewarding IMC
> Northern's new-imc application.
> So may I please discuss our plans with you off-list, and seek your
> advice as an individual?
> Many thanks,
> Does that seem OK?
> I'd like to go ahead with this as soon as possible, so I'd appreciate it
> if you could all signal positive assent. In the absence of unanimous
> assent, I propose to take the lack of objections by tomorrow (Thursday)
> lunchtime as silent assent; but if people want to discuss this further,
> just pipe up, and I'll hold off.
More information about the imc-uk-collective