[Imc-uk-features] proposed feature on Laing O'Rouke strikes

ekes ekes at riseup.net
Fri Nov 5 04:37:40 PST 2004

Rachel Beechinor wrote:
> I've made the newswire posts into a feature type format. What does
> everyone think? Probably, tomorrow there will be reports back form their
> sit in protest, which can be included.

Excellent.

Can someone help clarify...

> cross site, when Steve Hedley was sacked unfairly, 100 workers walked
> off in support. Last week, <a
> href="http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/11/300415.html">over 200
> workers</a> at the site near King's cross attended a lunchtime meeting
> and elected workshop stewards.</p>

I know Steve Hedley has a record of campaigning against Casualisation
from the RMT rail days when he was victimised by management. Was he
working on the site and got sacked? I understand he has been ejected as
a Union representative from the site.

Sorry I really should have been following this more clearly. But it
wasn't obvious to me.

--
ekes
http://leedsbradford.indymedia.org.uk/