[Imc-uk-features] publish page redesign

N.P. Gill npg20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 03:46:12 PDT 2004

> can i please, please ask that this is the last time people upload .doc
> files to the wiki - you can save it as rtf and txt, or better still, you
> can produce it in open office (see last lines of this email) or better
> still, you can simply paste  your text on the wiki?

quick query: why can't .doc files be uploaded? i'm interested because i
had trouble uploading some of the cambridge resource files at one stage
(editable versions of posters) which i think were in .doc format. does the
MIR system not like them? note: my query is not just about the WIKI but
about uploading media in general.

obviously i'd prefer to use openoffice stuff, but the idea of our
resources page is that people can download stuff to edit for themselves
and a lot of people can't deal with the openoffice format. hence my need
to engage with MicroSoft.

nick