[Imc-uk-features] Re: [imc-uk-tech] SMS reporting ideas

Marcus Williamson marcus at connectotel.com
Sat Jun 11 12:17:40 PDT 2005

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:30:17 +0200, you wrote:

>    As we already have an email 2 comment feature, it should be nice to
>use/do a sms2email and you'll have this finished: the sms is sent --->
>it gets converted into an email --> email2newswire script (yet done)

Here's a free public-access SMS to e-mail service - which has been running since
1999 - which would provide you with this facility:

http://www.connectotel.com/sms/mmail.html

Basically you create an SMS message on your phone as:

user at host message

then send to 07747782320

To use it with IMC you could e-mail to sms at indymedia.org.uk

A script on the Indymedia UK server could then pick up inbound e-mail for that
address and upload it to the newswire.

Hope this helps!

regards
Marcus