promoting newswire articles was Re: [Imc-uk-features] hidden

ekes ekes at riseup.net
Mon Oct 17 03:47:15 PDT 2005

mini mouse wrote:
  > At 08:34 +0100 17/10/05, Roy Bard wrote:
>
>> The problem is that is there is no consensus about what the newswire
>
> should be doing
>
> ... which of course would give us a problem with "promoting posts" -
> what criteria do we use to promote them?
>
> Promoting posts however does feel like a positive action, hiding posts a
> negative action. It could be that if we can sort out what the newswire
> is for, the option to promote as well as hide might make cleaning a
> balanced activity rather than a depressing process of censorship.

I think that using an open editing system - not unlike the one we have
now for hiding, report to list etc. - we would develop a continuing
positive consensus on what we want on the front page newswire.

I'd love to see a mixture of what peeps feel should be highlighted as
good posts.

ekes

--
http://leedsbradford.indymedia.org.uk/ 	GPG Key: 0xC3900BA5