[Imc-uk-features] [imc-uk-tech] Longer photo descriptions

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Tue Jul 11 10:00:33 PDT 2006

Hi

On Tue 11-Jul-2006 at 04:24:51PM +0100, yossarian wrote:

> Ekes mentioned in IRC last night that he could hack
> together some javascript code to stick on the publish
> form, so that the form would look the same as it does
> now...except that under every photo upload title box,
> there'd also be a link saying "add longer description".
> Clicking this link would open up a previously hidden
> form field that could be used to add a longer
> description.

Good idea, we could also do this for the Title...?

> I know that Chris has been against this kind of
> javascript trickery in the past if my memory is correct
> though...

Hmm, I don't remember that, as long as javascript isn't
*required* I don't see a problem with using it like this
-- if users have it turned off they would get the form
fields -- they would only be hidden for users with
javascript enabled.

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World