[Imc-uk-features] 374796

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Tue Jul 3 04:18:19 PDT 2007

Hi

On Tue 03-Jul-2007 at 12:05:22PM +0100, Jeff Parks wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
> > Doesn't make sense to me -- in what way is it
> > discriminatory?
>
> It's got the R word in, 0/10 for consistency Chris ;-)

You mean Reuters? The corporate reposts guideline doesn't
say that articles cannot make reference to the mainstream
media, it fact it says: "by all means link to articles
elsewhere and quote from them but don't just copy them" --
so what is the problem with mentioning Reuters and how is
this discriminatory? Or do I totally misunderstand what
you mean by "the R word"?

> > There is no guidline against speculation and the
> > current terror hype is clearly news...
>
> "Non-news : posts which are clearly purely comment,
> opinion or rants unrelated to a recent event or action
> etc."

It is related "to a recent event"...

> "Inaccurate : posts that are inaccurate or misleading."

Can you be a bit more concrete and perhaps say in what way
you think it is "inaccurate or misleading"?

> "Disruptive : Contributions by individuals who
> habitually publish above mentioned discouraged content."

There has been lots of debate on this list about Kurt
Nimmo, I think we really need to distill it onto a wiki
page, but there is not consensus that all his posts should
be hidden though some wanted this... so I don't see how
it's "Disruptive".

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World