[Imc-uk-features] [Imc-uk-network] network meeting [was: Call to discuss]

WietsE wietse at indymedia.org
Wed Jul 11 07:58:57 PDT 2007

Ben wrote:
> Any moves towards a network meeting should happen in the network
> list. A network meeting is overdue and with the IMC involvement in
> covering the climate and no border camps in the next couple of months
> it makes sense to get together. there are no borders camp and climate
> camp national organising meetings happening this month in London,
> perhaps a good time to coincide at network meeting.

Personally I'd say we need a network meeting on its own, maybe not while
other things are going on. A network meeting is indeed long overdue and
thus I'd say it would need a full weekend to be able to focus on some
important discussions. Also, I have found previous meetings some times
quite inefficient and was wondering what people would think of the idea
of getting help from outside in terms of facilitation. I'm sure the
people from Seeds For Change would be happy to support us in this way
(http://www.seedsforchange.org.uk/).

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Wietse