[IMC-UK-Features] feature proposal: Convictions For Activists - Climate Criminals Walk Free

genny vg at genny.force9.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 08:57:41 PST 2008

This is an interesting discussion.

Jeff wrote:

'There are two common uses of the term 'criminal', one describes
someone who has broken the state's laws, the other is synonymous with
'sinner', both are rooted in hierarchies I hope imcers do not support.
If there's some other kind of 'criminal' I've missed, I'm all ears.'

I think I might use the word 'criminal' to mean someone who commits acts which
hurt others or the planet, or both, without any implied reference to hierarchies - state, religious or otherwise.

I didn't have any problem with the title of this feature anyway.

Cheers

Genny