[imc-uk-moderation] Andy Worthington's articles on Indymedia, was: Re: de-promotion
chris at aktivix.org
Wed Mar 19 11:30:05 PDT 2008
On Wed 19-Mar-2008 at 05:51:34PM +0000, maqui wrote:
> i have de-promoted the following article:
> - Sami al-Haj’s Guantánamo torture pictures (394216)
> as it is a straight repost (cut and paste) from a
> personal blog:
> i don't have a problem with the article being on the
> wire but the current editorial guidelines clearly state
> "In general, the following types of posts will not be
> * re-posts from other sources (blogs etc)"
Note it says "In general", I promoted that article
1. Andy Worthington posts his own articles to the site.
2. He is politically very supportive of the Indymedia
3. He generally references other articles on Indymedia in
his articles, he does in this one.
4. He writes *really* good articles on subjects that never
get properly covered by the mainstream but might end up
on Google News if they are on our promoted newswire.
5. He has posted a lot of good material on the site, eg:
I have promoted some of his articles before and I have met
him and I posted a audio recording of his last meeting in
- Moazzam Begg and Andy Worthington on Human Rights in The
War on Terror
If "In general" doesn't mean "All" then I think that some
of Andy Worthington's work does deserve to be the
exception that "breaks the rule".
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World
More information about the imc-uk-moderation