[Imc-uk-network] Climate Camp 2007

maqui maqui at syndicate.org.uk
Tue Mar 6 13:44:56 PST 2007

Hi

Yeah time flies, doesn't it?  A climate camp "organiser" mentioned a
few weeks back that it would be great if this time there was some
better report between 'them' and Indymedia during the build up and
organising of this summer's camp.

Last year the indy set up was put together quite autonomously from the
bigger thing, so although in my opinion it ended up functioning quite
well, there was still quite a few opportunities that were missed, both
in terms of indy having more presence in the program of events and
workshops, as well as, about campers not fully perceiving the field
indy media centre as an integral part of the self organised
infrastructure of the camp [1].

It would definitely be better if this time indy organised some
workshops, both technical and maybe also some more politico/conceptual
ones (autonomous media as an integral part of the movements, diy media
as (direct)action, networking with other grass roots media in the uk
... whatever) It could probably also be a good opportunity for
different Kollectives to organise local indy dos in their barrios so to
try to open local-imcs to local crews.

I think it is great if lordrich could be a sort of liaison between 'the
camp' and imc. I personally don't have much time now, and I am afraid
that I could well be out of the country when this summer's camp goes
on, but for now i'm just throwing some ideas and see what's the
network's energy for this year's camp. In any case mickfuzz's mail
saying that the lot that provided last years hardware is up for it
again is a great start imho!

Cheers
maqui

[1] More on this here: