[Imc-uk-network] [HacktionLab] media activism workshops at the climate camp - and hacktion lab working group
ben at riseup.net
Tue Jun 17 09:15:51 PDT 2008
I took on, with others, putting together a booklet for the climate
camp explaining the provision for media on camp. That would include
both a practical explanation of spaces and resources on site as well
as some stuff about responsible use of cameras and publishing
facilities. It would also contain some stuff about mainstream media,
good interview technique, explanation of camp media policy etc.
A rough off the top of my head outline of content might look like this:
* Media spaces on site and what each is for
* Resources on site and where to find them
* Reporting basics - who, what, when, why, where
* Reporting lines, news alerts,
* Uploading + Connectivity and bandwidth issues, guide to responsible use
* Taking picture. do's and do not's. anonymising, croping, resizing
etc. plus collaboration
* Video. do's and do not's. anonymising. editting, compression, collaboration
* Mobile phones for recording, video, photos - plus getting stuff off
them, or sending direct.
* Mainstream media. on site policy. photo op. interviews.
* Media and your own actions + press release, keeping media group informed etc
Hopefully much of this stuff already exists in the form of previous
resources written for indymedia stuff. ie. photographers guide, video
I'd appreciate any help.
More information about the Imc-uk-network