[Imc-uk-network] PROPOSAL: network meeting decision time

Anarcho Babe anarchobabe at fempages.org
Thu May 8 07:01:47 PDT 2008

Yes, I agree, that if people can not attend we just need to trust others to
make good decisions. Or if people strongly disagree or have a strong stake in
particular issues or projects then it might make sense not to discuss these
at the meeting for example the new frontpage if the person implementing
it/leading the project is not able to come, it wouldn't make sense to discuss
it then in details. (it looks good

Otherwise we can all see hopefully the minutes of the meeting afterwards and
if we have some more enlightening facts then there has usually always been
some time to discuss these issues more on email or irc or so.

And if people would really make bad decisions there is usually always time and
space afterwards to rectify these before or even after implementation.
Or maybe we would even need to see decisions we personally feel would be of
disadvantage realised just to if just to give people some experience.

Like I remember that I was once upon a time very aggressively persueing a
German wire, with open publishing a click away. Turns out a few years later
we decided on a promoted newswire, which addresses the same problem but is a
different solution.

So, don't worry about it. Just read the minutes of the meeting and if you
disagree strongly with a decision  then lets take it from there afterwards.

cheerio Ulla