[Imc-uk-network] Jimdog, Ben and 'Indymedia UK, the rise of the independents'

anargeek chris at anargeek.net
Sat Oct 17 11:09:41 PDT 2009

Hi

On Sat 17-Oct-2009 at 05:46:29PM +0100, gringo ben wrote:
> 2009/10/17 anargeek <chris at anargeek.net>:
> > If you were concerned about providing "further fuel for
> > our disinfo troll" why did you aparently tell Jimdog that
> > you were the author of the article?
>
> I didn't!

Great, why has it taken so long for you to clear up that
you never claimed authorship?

> You really shouldn't believe everything you read.

I never believed you wrote it, did I?

I hid it within minutes of it being published:

  I have hidden this article under the 'innacurate'
  guidelines, it is a piece of disinformation no doubt
  written by the sites, apparently professional, disinfo
  troll. It was clearly not written by Ben and has been
  crafted as a, fairly clever, create and exagerate
  internal divisions, divide-and-rule, intervention:

  http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-uk-moderation/2009-June/0624-f2.html

> I said something alongs the lines of... I've got better
> things to do than worry about this, I'm busy working and
> can't get online.   I'm not going to waste time on
> energy getting involved in their pathetic crap.

Who is "their"? And how did Jimdog come to believe that:

  I'm currenly at Glastonbury with Ben and so can confirm
  tha this isn' written by a disinformation troll as
  feared but posted by a highly active and respected
  member of the global Indymedia community, Ben himself.

  http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-uk-moderation/2009-June/0624-c8.html

> If those fools want to think it was me then let them...

Who are you calling fools? The only two people I'm aware
that believed it was written by you were Jimdog and Iggyp:

  It has been confirmed that the writer of the original
  piece is not a troll, but someone who has written many
  articles (and posted as himself) in the past.  Does the
  fact that he is an ex-admin make him a troll?  He signed
  it himself, and acknowledges it.

  http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-uk-moderation/2009-June/0625-u6.html

Chris