[Imc-uk-network] Proposal: moderating the aggregator
theinnercityhippy at riseup.net
Thu Jun 10 07:07:37 PDT 2010
based on the current discussions on aggregating th uk site, here is a proposal from myself to discuss in collectives and feed back.
1. All moderation (mir and non mir) is done at a local level.
2. Where editorial collectives choose to collaborate and share responsibility for this across their local sites, this is announced to the imc-uk-network list so it is transparent.
3. Non mir sites cc the imc-uk-moderation list along with their local moderation list for all hides so there is a common forum for inter imc discussion and communication.
4. All regional imc's commit to having at least one representative on that list to relay relevant discussion to their collective.
5. Regional imc's retain full editorial control over content posted to their site based on their local guidelines. Where a member of another uk imc has cause to raise queries (based on the relevant local editorial guidelines), they may do so on the imc-uk-moderation list and should ideally expect a prompt response from that collective.
6. Where content is published to mir and ticked uk only, the imc-uk-moderation list should be used to resolve moderation queries by the representatives of local imc's present on that list. Articles posted in this way should adhere to the guidelines stated on the current uk (mir) site.
7. All inter-imc moderation queries should be based on the relevent sites local editorial guidelines and should state clearly which guideline is felt to be in breach and why.
Would these guidelines be acceptable to resolve this discussion? In the case where a regional imc has no editorial collective that has the capacity to self moderate, then realistically we should be looking at a process for temporarily disabling the publish button for that region i guess?
More information about the Imc-uk-network