[Imc-uk-network] [imc-uk-tech] The MIR aggregator

anargeek chris at anargeek.net
Fri May 14 04:23:21 PDT 2010

Hi

On Fri 14-May-2010 at 10:16:13AM +0100, Mara wrote:

> a quick explanation on why I personally don't like to
> see the london content on the Mir site: if you compare
> the same article on the uk site:
>
> https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/05/451000.html
>
> with the way it looks on the london site:
>
> https://london.indymedia.org/articles/4768
>
> The difference in the presentation is pretty obvious.

Interesting case, it's an article that has been manually
edited to fix the HTML by the looks of it, and the UK site
pulled it in before it was edited, it's now been repulled
and it looks better:

- https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/05/451125.html

The way to get Mir to repull an article manually is to
blank the Location field in admin and hide the first
version as a repost. I'm not sure how this would be best
automated.

> Now again, me personally, I'm not fundamentally opposed
> to pulling content. That same article got pulled into
> the iCop15 site:
>
> http://icop15.org/content/robin-wood-protest-unilevers-general-assembly
>
> This kind of presentation I wouldn't have a problem
> with. (Except wanting to change the "see original" to
> "read full story" or something like that, as it doesn't
> pull the full article).

This is pulling in the media:

  <media:content url="http://london.indymedia.org.uk/system/photo/2010/05/12/3956/99310646-thumb.jpg"/>

And I agree it would be nice if Mir was also doing this.

> I've also noticed that Mir is currently pulling the
> published wire, from london discussion I know that we
> would like it to be the promoted one.  Can you maybe
> change that Chris? That would be great, thanks!  The
> promoted feed is here:
> http://london.indymedia.org/articles/promoted.rss

Done.

Also I have updated the template for the front page here,
is this something everybody would be happy with:

- https://chrisc.dev.indymedia.org.uk/en/

All the best

Chris