[Imc-uk-process] Editorial Guidelines

Lee Salter lee.salter at uwe.ac.uk
Thu Apr 7 04:50:16 PDT 2005

Not that I want to be aloof, but might I suggest we read Herbert
Marcuse's excellent essay on Repressive Tolerance
(http://www.marcuse.org/herbert/pubs/65repressivetolerance.htm)? It is a
very good engagement with the idea of tolerance in a repressive society,
suggesting that "we" should tolerate only progressive movements and not
regressive movements, which is pretty much what the IMC stands for. I
know there are plenty of problems (who defines regressive? etc.), but
the fact of the matter is that the IMC, for all its claims to openness,
(rightly) refuses to provide a platform for the right. We need a firm
basis for this position.

K, following the discussion on the imc-uk-features list

--
Lee Salter,
Lecturer in Journalism and Media Studies
Email: Lee.Salter at uwe.ac.uk